Engagement & Communications Expert
A stakeholder relations and communications expert with a passion for creating connections and building community partnerships. Cynthia’s experience and education brings a new level to TSI’s stakeholder engagement plans, public relations programs and communications. Whether it is organizing and facilitating a resident open house or working with Indigenous Communities, Cynthia’s ability to build relationships while communicating the key messages of the client make her the perfect fit for the TSI team.
Community Engagement Consultant
Years of Experience
International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) – Foundations for Public Participation Certificate
Royal Roads University – Graduate Certificate in Global Communications
University of Calgary – Bachelor of Arts in Communications Studies
University of Calgary – Bachelor of Arts in Social and Cultural Anthropology
Certificate in Business Analysis
Social Media Engagement
Public Engagement Experience
- Implement stakeholder engagement strategies for building and maintaining long-term relationships with Indigenous and municipal communities through effective consultation and community/business development plans.
- Build relationships with community leaders/members, industry partners, and government representatives to identify best practices and emerging stakeholder issues.
- Identify areas where corporate environmental programs can be expanded to include community participation with the aim of cultivating trust and building stronger relationships.
- Develop organizational policies and procedures to support Indigenous Relations and Corporate Social Responsibility as well as harmonize consultation and business development activities across the organization.
- Development and execution of strategic engagement plans that proactively create connections with audiences and build relationships with stakeholders.
- Coordinate communications with board members, volunteers, government representatives, private landowners, and non-profit stakeholders.
- Cultivate partnerships with grassroots charitable organizations and local businesses to raise funds for charities in the greater Calgary area.
- Support incident and issue management through the development of key messages and engagement of stakeholders.
- Prepare and execute comprehensive communications strategies for public and private sector work.
- Work with local media outlets to communicate positive new stories, respond to external comments, and inform the community about activities, events and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain website, manage social media accounts, write and distribute newsletters, and create marketing materials to promote community partnerships and increase event participation as Communications and Program Director/Founder of the Sheep Creek Yoga Collective.
- Develop organizational policies and procedures for stakeholder engagement and corporate social responsibility.
- Prepare marketing and fund development materials as well as corporate reporting materials.