Emergency Management Consultant
Dan has over thirty years of experience in emergency management. He is an organized individual that has been responsible for administering operations for up to six fire stations and managing a large amount of staff. He has highly developed leadership skills and extensive experience in taking the lead role in Incident Command and logistics in high stress emergency situations. Dan’s training and experience in conflict resolutions has helped him develop outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
Years of Experience
Emergency Medical Technician Program
Incident Command System 300 Intermediate
NFPA 1033 Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Investigator
NFPA 1001 Level II
NFPA 472 Technician Level Qualifications
Safety Codes Officer Fire Basic Group A
- Lacombe Fire Service Review
- Wheatland County Fire Master Plan
- Village of Clyde and Westlock County Emergency Management Plan Review
- Village of Clyde and Westlock County Fire Services Cost Modeling
- Village of Clyde Fire Service Review
- Lac La Biche Fire Service Review
Edmonton Fire Rescue Services – 1988 – Present
- District Chief – February 2018: Manage staffing and administration of up to six fire stations and 50-55 staff. Assume roles of safety officer at emergency events including assuming Incident Command and or logistics of larger events.
- Supervisor – Station Captain – October 2011: Manage and administer operations of a single fire station and its staff. Manage an endless variety emergency events to positive outcomes with safety as a priority.
- Adjunct Training Instructor EFRS – October 2007 – Class 113 & Class 117
- Fire Fighter Qualified – October 2006: Qualified to act as a Captain within EFRS. Under supervision of a Station Captain provide emergency assistance in a variety of situations including medical events, traffic accidents, fire suppression (structural, wildland, airport), emergency driving and operating of equipment and other various citizen assist scenarios.
Edmonton Ambulance Authority – 1985 – 1988
- Emergency Medical Technician: Responsible for emergency care, treatment and management of Patients in an urban pre-hospital environment.