Municipal Administration & Management
A proven 35 years of successful and progressive municipal career, encompassing responsibility for specific municipal departments as well as being a Chief Administrative Office for both rural and urban municipalities.
Senior Municipal Management Consultant
Years of Experience
Certificate in Municipal Management & Leadership, University of Alberta
Applied Land Use Planning Certificate, University of Alberta
Certificate in Local Government, University of Alberta
Diploma in Administrative Management, NAIT
Corporate strategic and long range business planning
Developing and drafting municipal bylaws, policies and agreements
Strong interpersonal skills and approachability
Financial analysis and budgetary background
Developing strategic recommendations for Senior Administration, Management and Elected Officials
Municipal Management Experience
- 2014 – 2018, Thorhild County: Acted in Director role for the Planning and Economic Development Services Department and later for the Community and Development Services Department.
- 2007 – 2014, Westlock County, Chief Administrative Officer. Introduced a 10-year Community Sustainability Plan, 3-year Business Plan and 5-year Capital Plan, provided strong leadership and management to the County and collaborated with urban municipal partners.
- 2005 – 2007, Westlock County: Acted as Manager of Planning and Development Services and modernized the departments structure, operations and procedures.
- 1985 – 2005, Westlock County: Assistant Administrator and later Manager of Administrative Services managing and updating the Finance, Planning and Development Departments.
Water Commission And Board Experience
- Direct experience with the Westlock Regional Water Services Commission
- Coordination and collaboration with boards, commissions and authorities through the three Intermunicipal Collaboration Frameworks we are facilitating in the province