Municipal Management Consultant
Michel brings 32 years of municipal experience in managing engineering, planning, recreation, public works, fire and utilities. Michel also has 10 years of private industry experience including Genstar, a major land developer, Opus Steward Weir and through his management consulting work around the province. Michel’s ability to see the bigger picture in an organization and find the efficiencies, the structural and organizational flaws and the opportunities for improved service levels makes him a great addition to the TSI consulting family.
Years of Experience
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta PL(Eng.)
Society of Local Government Managers – Certified Local Government Manager (CLGM)
Canadian Public Works Association – Level 3 Public Works Supervisor Director of Transportation
Canadian Emergency Preparedness Management Certificates
Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET) – Registered Engineering Technologist
Professional Affiliate registered with the Canadian Society of Engineers (CSE)
Alberta Water and Wastewater Operators Association
Municipal/Industry Project & Work Experience
- Successfully re-organized municipal operation departments for several municipalities to ensure maximum efficiencies. Including a re-engineering component realigning roles and responsibilities within each of the functional areas providing more balance workloads within the departments.
- Implemented the City of Leduc’s Pavement Maintenance System Program and was involved in the development of the provincial initiative as a technical member within the initial Provincial Steering Committee
- Canadian Standards Association Technical Committee responsible in development of CSA-250-11 Mapping of Underground Utility Infrastructure officially adopted in 2013
- Compressed the utility, public Works, Engineering Agriculture Dept. of MacKenzie County into one efficient department, introducing innovative road maintenance procedures and developing engineering standards adopted by Council in 2001 etc
- As a senior officer for the Leduc Fire Department allowed me the opportunity to attend many emergency courses including several training courses with the Emergency Preparedness College in Ottawa
- Developed the initial engineering standards on the Rural Road Study for Red Deer County, re-structuring municipal services as a result of them contracting the majority of the services etc. Facilitated all roads and bridge programs securing provincial funding as needed
- Providing oversight and support to municipal departments including Recreation, Protective Services and Planning departments
- Completion on the development and construction of City of Leduc’s Multiway Trail system, Reservoir Ball Diamonds and the City’s William F. Lede Park Rugby/Football facility
- Reengineered the Public Works Department of the MD of Foothills reassigning duties for efficiency purpose, led a number of important changes within the MD’s Safety Program, introduced communication systems that proved beneficial to the organization, streamlined development of reports, facilitated partnership with other municipalities through servicing agreements etc.
- Introduced Utility Rate structure for the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo and the Counties of Lethbridge and Red Deer that has met the challenges of self- sustainability
- Provide leadership with Fire and Operations department in developing Hydrant Use Program, Water Restriction and Water Conservation policies