Richard (Rick) J. Samotej
Emergency and Security Expert
Rick Samotej has over 35 years of Municipal, Provincial and Federal policing experience. Rick retired following a successful career with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police with his final position being the District Commander of Eastern Alberta District in “K” Division. In this position he oversaw the operations/administration of 30 offices and in excess of 400 employees.
Years of Experience
Distinguish awards (3) for Outstanding Service
RCMP Long Service Medal – 20 Years of Service
Bronze Clasp – 25 Years of Service
Silver Clasp – 30 Years of Service
Gold Clasp – 35 Years of Service
Queens Golden Jubilee Medal
Alberta Centennial Medal
Emergency Management Experience
- Senior Commander of Emergency Response Team (SWAT), Tactical Team (Riot Squad) & VIP Security – RCMP Alberta.
- Senior incident commander – RCMP Alberta Region.
- Commanded provincial tactical unit for the world petroleum conference (Calgary).
- 911 response at the Edmonton International Airport.
- Incident Commander at EIA for the World Games held in Edmonton.
- 5 years of experience in the Air Transportation field as General Manager – operations and aviation security with the Gemstone Logistics moving at peak approximately forty-five thousand passengers monthly to various points within Canada.
- Over 20 Years of management experience including budgeting, human resources, etc.
- Experience in Business Planning within, Municipal, Provincial and Federal levels as well as the private sector.
- Years of experience in resolving delicate situations within the workplace as well as inter-municipal disputes.
- Experience in resolving delicate harassment issues as well as other internal issues by way of a formal or informal process.
- Member of the City of Leduc Assessment Review Board.
- Member of the Town of Calmar Assessment Review Board.
- Board member for Discharge and Demotions, Canada Wide (RCMP).
- Board member through out Canada for promotions into the Officer level.
- Adjudicator for Dispute Resolutions for Promotions (RCMP).
- Past member of the Alberta Association of Chiefs of Police (1998 to 2009).
- Past member of the A.A.C.P. Law Reform Committee.
- Past member of the Tactical Officers Association.
- Past member of the City of Leduc Budget Committee (2000 to 2003).
- Past member of the City of Leduc Senior Executive Team for strategic direction.
(1998 to 2003).
- Past member of the Alberta Slain Peace officers Committee (Vice- President).