Robert (Bob) Scott, BAppBus:ES, ECFO
Senior Emergency Management Consultant
Robert brings over 30 years of experience in Emergency Management. Through his career he has managed and lead in the areas of Human Resource and Fire and Rescue Operations including suppression, rescue, Emergency Communications, Emergency Medical Response, fire services budgeting and administration, Public Fire Education and Fire Investigation. He has demonstrated skills in trouble shooting, change management, organization, conflict resolution, command structure, coaching and mentoring while dealing with staff, executive teams and elected officials.
Years of Experience
Bachelor of Applied Business: Emergency Services – Lakeland College
Certificate in Municipal Management and Leadership – University of Alberta
Supervising for Results – Grant MacEwan College
Forest Technology – NAIT
Safety Codes Officer Inspector Level 2, Investigator Level 1
Blue Card Incident Commander
ICS Planning Section Chief
NFPA 1021 Fire Officer Level II
NFPA 1001 Firefighter
NFPA 1041 Fire Instructor Level I
NFPA 1521 Fire Safety Officer
- Senior Management – Served as Deputy Chief of Community Safety and Emergency Communication in Strathcona County, Deputy Chief of Operations in Langley, and Acting Fire Chief in Leduc.
- Budgeting and Administration – Experience assisting Fire Chiefs and management teams with developing and administering Fire Service budgets as well as strategic and tactical planning for one, three and five-year plans.
- Occupational Health and Safety – Demonstrated skills and education in program evaluation, Accident/Incident Investigation, Hazard Assessment and Control, Program Audit and managing OH&S programs. Certified program auditor through Alberta Municipal Health and Safety Association.
- Public Education – Oversaw programs including child safety seat inspection, fire prevention week, fire safety and home escape for school groups, fire seminars for businesses, home fire safety and dangerous goods.
- Law Enforcement – Extensive experience in municipal law enforcement, including enforcing municipal bylaws and provincial statutes. Worked collectively with lawyers to draft municipal bylaws and provide advice on enforcement issues.
- Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs
- Alberta Fire Chiefs Association
- Internal Arson Investigation Association
- Fire Investigation Association of Alberta
- Executive Chief Fire Officer (ECFO) Professional Designation Fire Services Exemplary Service Medal and Bar (30 years) Alberta Justice Long Service Medal
- Alberta Emergency Services Medal (Bronze and Silver Bars) Marvin Littmann Honour Award – City of Leduc