Emergency Management Consultant
Shane is a highly-trained military and protective services professional with the skills and experience to successfully handle complex situations including emergency medical services (EMS), fire and emergency services, statistical data analysis and more. He is known for effective management of high-performing teams; leveraging communication and collaboration skills to work with internal team members and support cross-departmental relations. Shane consistently strives to streamline operational planning and execution using comprehensive data analysis and reporting skills. He is a continuous learner pursuing formal training (courses / certificates) to compliment lessons from day-to-day workplace experience.
Years of Experience
Municipal Management & Leadership – University of Alberta
Organizational Behaviour, Economics – Heriot-Watt University
Business Analytics, Predictive Analytics, Data Science – Udacity
Data Analytics – Brainstation
Incident Command System
Blue Card Command
Emergency Site Management
Safety Codes Level 1
Firefighting 1001 Level 1 & 2
City of Leduc Fire Services – 1998 – 2020
- Deputy Fire Chief (2010 to 2020) – Responsible for the deployment of all fire and ambulance operations while leading cross-departmental relations to support fire service outputs (i.e., Human Resources, IT, GIS, Public Works, Fleet).
- Completed capital and operating budget planning and requests by fulfilling the fire chief’s directives
- Assisted in developing recommendations and implementing fire department master plan with a focus on quality and productivity
- Maintained mutual aid agreements by supporting interagency cooperation efforts
- Drove efficiency and organization by performing accurate evaluation and reporting initiatives of data analysis and performance metrics, data reporting and dashboard management, and establishing and measuring key performance indicators (KPIs) in fire and ambulance response times
- Supported human resources activities by overseeing employee administration, performance, investigations, scheduling and recruitment
- Managed contract management responsibilities with Alberta Health Services and dispatch center
- Facilitated apparatus procurement initiatives by coordinating steering committees
- Captain (2007 to 2010) – In the role of company commander operating under incident command, responded to fire incidents while upholding firefighter, emergency medical technician (EMT) and paramedic responsibilities.
- Firefighter/Paramedic (1998 – 2007) – Responded to fire, medical events and other emergencies to protect life and property by performing fire and rescue operations and providing life support first responder emergency medical care.